View Single Post
      02-09-2013, 09:29 PM   #16
romanonj
Major
Rep
Drives: F80 DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny D View Post
Seems like you've been through. Maybe add a quarter of Lucas Oil additive? I've never used it on a BMW, but had good luck with it on several other vehicles.
All this second opinion talk got me all hot and bothered, so I decided to take matters in my own hands and perform these checks myself.

It is 20 degrees in NJ today, so I warmed it up, drove it in on ramps in the garage, turned the heater on, and started removing splash guards. X3 has plastic guard in the front, and aluminum protecting oil pan and front diff. Breaking 1/2 inch bolts loose holding the plate up was a pain, so right away I figured that these were never removed. As soon as I dropped the pan, noticed oil behind the drain plug and up above it, and around rear gasket (between engine and tranny I think). I always very diligent at wiping all of the excess oil after changes. It does splash, but I dont think it was that much (see pics below).

So now I am f..ing steaming , not only they didnt really bother dropping splash guards, they also said that they coulnd find anything and asked me to pay $500 for all those mechanical tests.. Needless to say, the dealership will be getting a call on monday about this bs, and I will be asking for my money back for tests performed..
Attached Images

2011 e92 335is 2007 X3 122k miles 2006 e90 330i 132k miles
Appreciate 0