Desert_Fox
Drop-Top Turbo
North Korea
Rep
Drives: 2013 991 C2S/ 2013 335is E93

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishCoffee View Post
I don't think that community college offers the same experience as going to a 4 year university where you are away from home right out of high school. The growing experience that occurs for most people in those first 2 years is invaluable and the experiences and friendships gained are irreplaceable. I'm still close friends with many people I met in those first 2 years... that was 14 yeras ago.

Also, at many schools you can't transfer into some of the more desirable majors. I went to UCSD. You couldn't transfer into Computer Science from a JC. The program was too crowded.

When you look at those friends and are jealous that they don't have to work as hard, realize that many of their credits will not transfer (pariticularly if you study a science of any kind). Also, later on you will realize that the hard work you are putting in will pay off. Work ethic goes a long way and this is preparing you for the working world.

One last thing... you're at UCSB man! It's beautiful, has tons of girls, is party central, AND is a quality school. While you're buddies are living at home saving money and effort, you are truly experiencing what will likely be your most important growing years and some of the best moments of your life.

Have fun, experiment with weird shit, be safe, and get laid. You're in the right place.

+1 buddy. I applied to UCSD but didn't make the cut (I think I was pretty close to the cutting line though). I've taken some summer courses there and it's no joke!

Tarty Fruit, I understand your points but I think you're being a bit harsh. TBH, I think accounting is a more useful degree than business.A bachelor
s in business is basically the "I don't know exactly what I wanna do, but this field is popular and not too difficult". Accounting teaches you some useful skill sets, and if you're a social person AND can cram numbers and understand fiscal policies, you're in better shape than the guy who just went for business admin. Plus, the baby boomers are retiring and the need for accountants to manage these assets is pretty high. Not a bad start at all, I think. A director for a large public company once told me
"Accounting is for people who couldn't be Engineers, Economics is for people who couldn't be Accountants, and Business is for people who were too lazy or incapable to do any of the above."