View Single Post
      12-02-2012, 12:39 PM   #14
crimsonred335is
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: a car

I agree that community college is easier, but I don't agree with your overall viewpoint. My experience with UCSD and UCLA is that a larger percentage of transfers compared to freshmen acceptances are driven to succeed. These transfers tend to care more about classes and score higher than the average. Transfers continue the trend they established at their community college and if classes are harder they adapt. Hell what is your explanation for universities with grade inflation.

It probably has to do with a different mentality, but what I'm trying to say is that you can't just look at where someone comes from and state they don't deserve to enter a university. How is that any different than comparing a kid who performs well at at a subpar high school to a kid who performs well at an ultra competitive high school?

I did an intra-UC transfer and I'm double majoring in Chemistry & Biology. Besides CompSci/Engineering classes everything else is a joke. University classes aren't really all that hard and I think you need to get off your high horse. The sole purpose of school is to grasp concepts and show your employers/grad schools that you knew how to apply them (your grades). Job/Graduate opportunities will reflect for those who cared about school and for those that didn't.

Stop caring so much about little things like this. You are going to a world renowned university and drive a beautiful BMW. You are better off than 95% of people in the world.

Last edited by crimsonred335is; 12-02-2012 at 12:56 PM..
Appreciate 0