View Single Post
      06-23-2011, 07:55 PM   #437
HellsBells
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by VP Electricity View Post
You misunderstand, Kai. Has nothing to do with me... but consumers should expect service. If you can't get service because you chose to buy from people who can't offer it, what's wrong with pointing that out? I haven't ridiculed him... but as usual, my price for free support has always been sarcasm. And I did not offer my comments in a vacuum. I offered them after chiming in to answer a technical question about gear not purchased from my company. I assume that part is OK?
I went this route and the guy is right, there are NO vendors that are going to help you out on an end to end solution. Jeff has been instrumental in helping me out, but at the end of the day you need to figure it out yourself. Having L7 adds a layer of complexity, just because you have to run new RCAs and replace the oem amp. I thought I can live with the BMW assist error, but I'm a little OCD and it starting to drive me freaking crazy. So, then you have to run the HU to the trunk. I can see why a lot of people don't go down this path. Although, I will have to say when it is complete and working it is a pretty sweet set up
Appreciate 0