Smiling politely
United_States
Rep
Drives: 330i

Garage List
2006 330i  [9.00]
Local Teen Dead in M3 Crash

http://www.nbc4.com/news/16809135/detail.html

This wreck happened back on July 7th, but I was just talking to a friend of mine at work today about the car he got for his son. My friend is a MB enthusiast, and he bought a MB for his 18 year old son -- he bought him an older model E320 about a month ago.

He mentioned that his son's best friend got a BMW M3 right around the same time. The other teen only had it for 3 weeks before he crashed into a tree and rolled the car. He was killed instantly. The kid who died was his son's best friend since grade school. Alcohol apparently was not a factor, but speed was. I just did a Google search to see if there was a news report, and there was (linked above, not many details).

It was sad to hear my friend describe the funeral, how his son got up to talk, how the death impacted the other kids and the family, how the dad said "I'm not blaming myself, but if I could do it over again, I wouldn't get him a high-performance car." Makes me think twice about what I'm going to do when my son reaches that age.

Anyway, not much of a point here except -- take it easy out there!