edl
In the slow lane
United_States
Rep
Drives: 01 996TT, 01 M5, 11 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by skimmilk20 View Post
Thanks for the responses guys...

I decided to pass on the 330i, even tho it was EXACTLY what I wanted because the OEM warranty would expire in June 2009. I spoke to about 7 dealers in the tri-state area, only one said that u could extend the warranty even if you're not the first owner, all others said you needed to be the original owner. I decided better not.
That's correct, only the first owner (or a franchise dealership if they purchased the car from BMWFS) can extend the warranty.

Quote:
Now i'm looking at a 2007 328i 6spd MT, with exactly 20k miles. The car is bare bones, with no extras) The color is what I want but their asking 26k (excluding tax and reg.) so out the door is $28,700.

Personally I think thats too much, what do u guys think?
If it was fully loaded, then maybe. But bare-bones, I wouldn't pay more than $23K.

Quote:
Also seeing a NON-CPO with OEM warranty thru end 2011 - asking $24k even. Also exactly what I want but its non-cpo.... Should I be worries about it being a lemon? will by warranty protect me if I were to buy it?

Would appreciate any advice to any/all of my questions!
Run a carfax to see if it was a prior lemon law/buyback. In general with the E90/E92 chassis, most buybacks occured with early 2007 335's due to fuel pump failure. The 328/330's don't get sent back for lemon law very often.

Do keep in mind that you still would have warranty until 2011 - that's plenty of time to figure out if your car is problematic or not. Besides, if you're looking for one with no bells/whistles (idrive/nav), there really isn't much to go wrong...
Appreciate 0