View Single Post
      11-07-2012, 06:44 PM   #74
Braumin
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i xDrive Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by The X Men View Post
The problem with people like you is that you believe everything you read on the internet. While RWD with snow tires do stop shorter, they do not accelarate and climb hills as well as AWD with a good set of AS. AWD and snow tires each have their advantage and disadvantage in the snow. Having both would be ideal. Anyone who knows how to drive in the snow knows to keep extra distance from the car in front when its slippery. The people who are the most dangerious are the drivers without AWD or snow tires.
All Season tires should be called No Season tires. They are a compromise for every season.

I'm sorry but you are out to lunch X Man. I've got a xDrive and it is terrible in the snow with the AS tires. My old RWD e46 with winters was way better to drive. First thing I did was switch to a set of winters and it has made a huge difference on the 335.

AWD does NOTHING in the snow to help you avoid an accident. Sure I could drive like a pansy all winter too, but winter tires can protect you from other people's bad mistakes by giving you the ability to avoid an accident.

Winter is not about who can accelerate the fastest. It's about who can stop the fastest, and keep the car under control. That's going to be the car with winter tires every time, whether it is AWD or not.

What you are saying is simply wrong.
Appreciate 0