07-20-2013, 11:17 AM   #22
williamf
Audi Convert
United_States
Rep
Drives: Past: 335i Now: TTRS stage 2+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Knight_335 View Post
I've been extremely lucky- No front plate since I've gotten my car nearly 2 years ago and no issues. I've been through checkpoints etc. etc. ironically.

My situation was simple- the dealership never drilled the holes for my plate bracket and instead put everything in the trunk of my car upon purchase due to time constraints. I never put it on as a result because I love the way it looked- and just went with it from there

Prior to this I've had a front plate on every single one of my seven cars. Now that I don't, it looks so beautiful, and I don't think I ever will.

I'll pay the money.

I struggled in my mind whether or not to post this due to fear of jinxing myself, but I decided between myself and the powers that be that it was worthwhile- for the principle. Besides- I live in an area of NJ where cops are far more concerned with more serious things than front plates (I think.)

Either that, or they run my back plate and see that I'm a 38-year-old fart driving a convertible and feel pity. In any case, I consider myself fortunate- and very happy- so far...
OMG! I have hit a milestone. You are the first person of my generation who openly referred to himself as an "old fart." Wow this is a surreal moment. I am 38 too. I thought I had 2 more years before any of those labels could possibly apply. In my mind the definition of an old fart keeps moving further and further up the age scale as I get older. Currently I don't think of anyone under 65 as an old fart. Thanks for shattering my world!
Appreciate 0