pincud
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i

BMW upgrade for 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BzzzBom View Post
I believe this "rumor" is true. I heard the same thing from both a SA and technician at a very reputable dealer in California. I own a 335i and a Mini Cooper S. Many Mini dealers are offering the John Cooper works ECU reflash for the Mini Cooper S for $150.00. A price of $500 sounds about right. I don't think the reflash will be quite as aggressive as the Procede however. It only takes about 15 minutes to reflash the ECU and maybe 5 minutes of labor time (ie - pure profit) Thanks for the info from our friend from NJ.
Last Friday, when I picked up the car from the dealership, my salesman said pretty much the same thing. He told me that the shop foreman was talking to BMW about their ECU reflash and was waiting on an aswer about the ability of the engine to carry the extra 60 horses. However, he mentioned a price of $1500. I mentioned the other tuners out there (Procede, Xede) and he said that installing those would void the warranty from BMW. This implies to me that BMW is indeed looking at doing that and is right now testing the car to make sure that nothing breaks. I would think that within two months they will be on the market with it, and their warranty will cover it.
Appreciate 0