View Single Post
      01-06-2011, 07:18 PM   #1
robbiec
Private
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i

OE Tuning N52 325i Update

So I've been driving around for nearly a month now with the OE tune on my 325 and I figured I'd post an update. I am really happy with this tune, definitely money well spent! I've had the car since May 2007 and have been waiting a long time for a real tune. I passed on the PBX, just knowing something better would come along.

Second gear is just awesome now, basically right from 1k RPM. There's a nice kick when the torque peak starts at about 3k. 3k-5k the car just pulls really hard now. Huge difference. I know my car pretty well after 3 1/2 years and I know the torque increase is for real. And it isn't all loaded into the first 25% of pedal travel. 10-20% throttle position feels like stock. Once you roll into it a little more, the torque starts to build progressively through 100% pedal travel. I'd been waiting just like a few others to do a manifold swap, but now I'm not sure I need it. And this is from a guy who has owned 3 forced induction cars: Procharged Mustang GT, Saab Turbo, and Audi A4 2.0T (wife's current car, APR tuned). This car is just right for me now. Lightest of the e90's, 3 pedals, sport package, amazing seats, great steering wheel. The perfect daily driver, even up here in MA with winter tires + rear wheel drive. Sorry, I'm rambling, but the car is just so good right now! Oh, and my MPG display has been locked at 29.0 for the past 3 weeks. This is getting on it hard 2-3 times a day, 50/50 hwy/town driving.

Anyone considering a tune definitely go for it. I love the OE tune, but it sounds like you can't go wrong with the AA tune as well. Kudos for both of these tuners for FINALLY unlocking the potential of the 325/328. I knew a 3 liter, 4-valve, variable cam timing engine with 10.7:1 compression could make significantly more than 185 ft-lb!!
Appreciate 0