View Single Post
      09-17-2020, 05:41 PM   #24
theobjectivist
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2008 535i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErvGotti View Post
I like it, the DMFW was causing false knock above 6K RPM causing me to go into limp mode, I'm at 470 WHP and 490 WTQ at 20 PSI on dynamic autoworks hybrids.

It chatters just as much as the M Factory lightweight flywheel on idle, but if you raise your idle to 900 rpm on mhd, it gets rid of 90% of the chatter on idle. Slight increase in NVH.

As far as performance, I'd say about a 30% increase in rev characteristics in both accel and decel, enough to notice, but not a huge difference.

On a side note if you install a lightweight flywheel and your tranny mounts are worn, you will get a ton of NVH especially vibration. I recommend replacing the mounts with new ones. I made the mistake of using ECS polyurethanes and it amount of noise it let into the cabin was unbearable for a DD. Went back to stock mounts and have been fine since.

What condition was your dmfw?

Mine somehow is holding on w/o issue. No misfires. Im running RB nex gens at 25psi and ~6 degrees of timing. I dont know what WHP it makes but im assuming it's ~450-480.

My stock clutch doesnt slip either so im wondering now if im not even making that much power. (heavier car too, its an e60)
Appreciate 0