02-12-2013, 08:52 AM   #19
rich1068
has left the building
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 330d M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportplus View Post
What you using to help you give the f a g s up?

Pills, Spray, patchies, fake fa,gs or books lol
Funny how you can't type *** but you can type pretty much anything else.

I actually intended to make the switch from real ciggies to those electronic things with a view to cutting down and stopping. So I ordered the fake ones with some refills and I started those on the 4th. Then that coincided with me getting a stinking cold and the fake **** give you a shocking sore throat. Something to do with the water vapour drying you out.

Anyway, as it turns out it's nothing like having a ciggie other than the nicotine hit. And you still hide yourself away because you feel an arse doing it. The only good thing was I could 'smoke' in the car with my windows shut! So early yesterday evening I thought 'bollocks to this' and I have had no nicotine since. No cigarettes for 8 days and no nicotine since yesterday.

And I have to say that is absolutely epic and anyone who's never smoked will have no idea how epic that is. You can not compare it to anything in your life unless you've been addicted to some sort of drug. I am addicted to nicotine but I haven't had any for nearly 24 hours. Two hours would usually be about my upper limit.

I've tried a few times before but usually I'm turning violent by mid-morning. This time I feel sort of normal. And I'm strangely confident.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_P View Post
Is there a particular reason why you are giving up?
How about £2912 a year and wanting to see my kids grow up? I'm an old dad (44) with young kids (nearly 5, nearly 2, another on the way). I don't want to put them through me dying of lung cancer. After smoking for 25+ years I've probably left it too late but hopefully not.
Appreciate 0