View Single Post
      09-04-2011, 06:09 AM   #3
Adoc
Rep
Drives: E92 335d M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Green2 View Post
How much did they cost you if you dont mind me asking
Not at all mate, £912 fitted, all-in with disposals too. I hunted high and low for the prices, calling all the companies who didn't list them on their sites too. Noone could touch them for fitted price.
http://www.event-tyres.co.uk/

Camskill were cheapest for tyre only, but didn't include fitting and my work means I couldn't be in to wait for delivery.

Service was A1 from Event and the equipment used impressive - they carry inflatable air-bags to lift the car, rather than trolley jacks.

The vans are all company owned and drivers work for the company, not freelance / franchises, so they've got a strong incentive to look after your wheels. Even the little touches of using more discrete balancing weights too to keep your wheels looking good!

I contemplated switching down to 18" 313 Performance alloys and selling my 313m's. If it helps anyone else who's looking, the same set of tyres on 18" 255/35 XL and 225/40 XL set-up is around £650 so a big difference.

I just thought I'd go for the more incremental approach and try these out for 12-18 months, and then make the move if I still wanted more comfort.

Hope that helps folks,
Appreciate 0