05-04-2012, 09:37 PM   #8
mapleridge
Banned
Rep
Drives: E90 N52 AT

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkrom View Post
Oh one of these threads.

Not that there is a point to this but I think I get the right to clear my own name since he has taken on it to publicly bash me for whatever reason so let me lay out the facts. A bulb was dead. I asked him to replace it. I got the bulb at a heavy discount and told him. He still said no and started acting really rude and out of line. Now I'm defending myself to strangers online because of a deal gone poorly and handled even worse. I bought the bulb and installed it myself. IMO if you sell something as working, and it doesn't work, that isn't right. I gave him a cheap option to make it right and he comes here to make me look bad. Not sure what is wrong in that scenario that I did exactly.

For him to have blamed the wiring would have been an acceptable excuse to try and pull, but then the new bulb went right in and like magic everything is working perfectly. I like the lights. I like the angel eyes (which is why I told the OP to keep the bulbs he was supposed to have included as we agreed on via PM, I figured hell I'll save him the cash these LED ones are fine.

Not that any of this is anyone's business, and I was perfectly content handling this like an adult, but it would be stupid for me to sit back and watch him try to publicly shame me because he is upset over this problem (caused by his bulb). Believe it or not at least I cleared up some of his slander or whatever this is. I never asked for much, just SOME of the things his sale was supposed to include.

PS that $800 "deal" was actually $936 CAD or $940 USD, plus the bulb I was able to get via some dealership good will for less. If I wasn't able to get that it would have been another $191 on top. For me I budget my mods and have to do so carefully. Having a $191 "surprise" isn't something I prefer to deal with.

Anyway I'm done with this now that I've thrown some facts out there to show the real story. I think its honestly very pathetic and tells quite a bit about what is REALLY going on that I even have to waste my time doing this.
You asked for $200 for a bulb that I could have replaced for you at no charge. You told me that you saw the bulb was burnt out before you installed it. Yet you sent zero proof of a burnt out bulb to date. You then went on to install it and irreversibly alter the headlights and then choose to whine when I tell you to uninstall them and send them back. When I pressed you for proof that $200 you requested suddenly became $85 that you paid cash to a dealership with no receipt because your friend works there and the tax laws of your state are apparently no longer applicable on account of that. Where is the picture of this burnt out bulb, or you driving home with the burnt out headlight or the receipt of the bmw tech that you stated installed all of this. Did you not think you had to provide something to show for this $200 you were asking for? All of this and you even knew the lights were insured. Instead you tell me via a paypal dispute. I told you before I shipped that I left the angel eye bulbs at my desk at work because my wife was on the brink of having a miscarriage and I had a family to take care of. You said nothing but you bring it up in a petty paypal dispute. On top of that, you had more of your sighs for the ballast screws that weren't included in this deal. Ballast screws make you sigh too? Maybe you felt entitled to me flying down and installing them too. $10 to ship crappy halogen bulbs is no skin off of my back and this was an easy fix. Save your sighs for someone else your sob story of a budget isn't making any men cry here. You are apparently on the brink of doom mentioning the fact that you had to pay for shipping, which drove the price of the headlights up. Do you expect someone to have sympathy for you because you paid shipping? Should that have been included in the deal too? Then you choose to install the lights even after you said you spotted a burnt out bulb and your $200 cost became a $85 no receipt deal that you unnecessarily paid. Should we sigh now? You've been wronged bro. I think you will need counseling after this one. Need to sigh? To date, you still haven't produced a shred of evidence and all of your claims are as solid as water. How come you couldn't just send one pic and as I mentioned to you probably 3 times now, I would send a replacement if you just gave some proof. Too late now.

No problem. You have a chance to take them off and send them back per your paypal dispute or you get zip. Send them on over buddy.

Last edited by mapleridge; 05-04-2012 at 10:18 PM..
Appreciate 0