12-03-2012, 01:58 PM   #3
cvc 22349a
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by therealm3 View Post
So I would really like to upgrade the suspension on our E91 to the BMW Performance set up. I had the full kit (second generation) on my E90 335 and it was perfect. I loved the way it handled and was still a comfortable daily driver. I didn’t see a kit listed on Tischer’s site so I sent them a message and there is no kit available for the E91. I am thinking about piecing together one by ordering the majority of the parts on their own but I am not sure how to choose the springs and dampers. My thinking is I could use Sedan parts up front meant for a similar build (6MT, M sport) and it should be close enough, but the rear is where the extra weight is on the wagon, so I am not sure where to start for those. Do the “D” tags on the springs map 1 to 1 to equivalent Performance springs? If so, I assume I could get close by going that route. Would E93 stuff work (if it exists)? I really don’t want coil overs and am not excited about the amount of drop from the popular aftermarket kits from Eibach and H&R.

Thoughts?
No. D and T numbers are different between oe and PS springs.
If you really want PS springs, I'd go with comparable (motor/trans) E90 PS springs up front and comparable E93 PS springs in the rear. Don't forget matching bumpstops.