05-06-2011, 04:51 PM   #46
mithiral67
That guy
Rep
Drives: 2015 Cayman GTS

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by E90Vader View Post
Hey guys, can I confirm that for safety I should ONLY be running 91 octane map with my AFe DCI? I wont lie.. I am inlove with 93 octane map, it pulls so much harder up top compared to 91 octane. However, for the 2 - 3mph i'm averaging less, and if it puts to much strain on the engine for long term use I dont think it will be worth it...

COBB Can you please comment?
Run logs of 3rd or 4th gear runs and review. You want to review the AFRs, Boost, and timing. During a full gear pull in either gear, ensure that AFRS sit around 11.8 - 12, boost doesnt sustain greater than 15psi for more than 500 rpms and timing doesnt decrease by greater than 1 degree throughout the pull. These figures will jump all over the place when letting off the gas, flooring the gas, when shifting and when traction control goes off.

If you see your logs outside of these expecations, then graph them and post and let others comment.

Note that psi's 15 can be safe, but if you are seeing sustained boost that high, posts it can't hurt. Note, my procede auto tuned to greater than 15psi and still ran fine.
Appreciate 0