View Single Post
      06-08-2011, 02:41 PM   #22
VP Electricity
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F34 xDrive

So you've run the stock woofers with your sub, then? I've lost track of all the changes you've made.

I guess my point is this. I tell people they can amplify the stock woofers for midbass. I also tell people that there are some aftermarket woofers that sounds better than stock, and that if you blow the stock woofer, you can't just buy the woofer driver from the dealer - they want to sell you a complete assembly with the enclosure, for a lot of money (as I'm sure you know).

A lot of our customers want to go back to stock later (which you can't do easily with a blown stock woofer). So we use aftermarket woofers because we want a higher Pe and a warranty.

I'm not trying to rip people off selling them aftermarket midbass or woofer drivers, by any means. The popularity of the Kickers seems to show that people want an upgrade for the midbass. Someday those will be gone (I wish I could have bought some of them on that closeout deal), and I wish I had lower-cost units to sell. I'd be happy to just amplify the underseats if I wasn't worried about them failing.

I've tried a lot of permutations in my own vehicle, too. Some I didn't write up or wouldn't fit.

But there is that fine line that delineates "this is what I've run" and "this is what I used to run and I didn't like it" and "I've tried it and hated it (like MS-8 powering the woofers : )" and "this makes sense to me on paper". That last one we all go to at times, but I know that I try to differentiate which of them I'm talking about...

Anyway, that's the only point I was making.

I was initially very skeptical of the Jehnerts, and I still don't recommend them for folks who are going to raise the bass all the way up, play rap, and not get a trunk sub. But I love the way they sound, and even with the exchange rate, they've been a popular choice with our customers.
Appreciate 0