View Single Post
      02-01-2013, 08:41 AM   #58
BanziBarn
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW 330D E90 LCI Msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by a11y View Post
Diesel made no sense for me: 5k miles p.a. and I just enjoy the sound of a 6-cyl (or more) petrol engine that revs properly. I couldn't have afforded the equivalent age 330d when I was buying my 330i anyway - higher-consumption of the petrol model benefitted me there.

I've previously owned a diesel "hot hatch" (Seat Ibiza Cupra TDI with 160ps/250lbft in a car weighing 1200kg) and enjoyed it, but it didn't ever have the wow factor of the Civic Type R or Clio 172 that preceded it. I quite enjoyed the way the Ibiza TDI delivered it's power, so much so that the other vehicle we own is my wife's Fabia vRS (130ps TDI) - I really enjoy driving the Fabia but couldn't have it as my only vehicle.

Ultimate 3-series for me (M3 excluded) would be manual 335i saloon. If M3 included then obviously M3, again saloon.

I'm 34 btw.
Ah, the Civic Type R - I had one too. It was a fantastic car - the noise it made between 6 and 8 k revs was just awesome. I loved driving that car. I went straight from that to a Leon FR TDI which was about as far from the civic as you can get. Civic was all revs and no torque, and the Leon was the total opposite.

I liked the Leon, it was a really great car, and quick in the real world but for pure, raw fun the petrol Civic was hard to beat.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=2148&pictureid=44259
Appreciate 0