View Single Post
      07-24-2012, 04:51 AM   #1
Masterplan
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F87 M2 & G05 X5

X1 2.0d as courtesy car!

I read the thread someone created about getting a new X1 a few days ago, and didn't think much of it at the time.

However, on the way home that evening the Cooper S started bellowing black smoke and juddering, finally breaking down at the roadside. Fast forward several hours and I'm in a brand new X1 2.0D Msport as a courtesy car.

I have to say, I'm truly impressed by it. My previous car was an E92, and I've never been sure of the X1's at all. I have to say it's left me very surprised.

The cabin is large and spacious, which is a must when your 6'3 and the driving position is brilliant. The automatic gearbox is flawless and despite it being a pretty big car compared to my Cooper, it doesn't feel like it when driving. I've missed the heated seats, automatic wipers and lights, and just the way a BMW drives. I have to say, it's rekindled my desire for another BMW.

The Mini residual values are struggling, and I've had enough of the poor build quality that Mini seems to suffer from. Seriously tempted to look into VT'ing the Cooper S and getting myself back into a BMW! Given the problems I've had with the Mini, I'd be willing to pay to get out of it!
Appreciate 0