04-16-2007, 09:25 AM   #3
Detailed Image
United_States
Rep
Drives: Detailed by Detailed Image

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbojet3 View Post
I have a Jet Black e92. The pro's on the boards have said these particular
models have a soft paint. I've done the whole Zaino route and not all that thrilled with it. I have PC'ed the car with Blackfire SRC (I was told its Menzerna polish in 16oz version) with good results. I wiped it down with ISO
and then Zaino again. I think I would like to use a Glaze and sealer, wax combo to hide the marring I could not remove. What would you recommend?
Great question. May I ask which pad combination you were using with the Blackfire SRC? To my understanding this product is nearly identical to PO106ff but in the 16oz size as you said. Also what was your technique with the buffer? (speed setting, amount of pressure, how many passes, etc.)

As far as a glaze, if you liked the performance of the SRC you might want to stick with the Blackfire / Menzerna line of products. I have had great luck with Menzerna Finishing Touch Glaze for aiding in hiding imperfections with its kaolin clay and oil based fillers. Menzerna Full Molecular Jacket as a sealant was designed to work over their FTG which makes a great glaze and sealant combination.

Sometimes certain products do not like to bond well together, for instance, I also carry ClearKote Red Moose Glaze, but typically do not recommend it under a sealant due to potential durability issues. It has its place under a wax, but you would be using this combination purely on a aesthetics standpoint, not durability.

As far as a wax over a jet black BMW, I have a couple of favorites. Best bang for the buck wax I have found that yields a very wet looking surface that has great depth and gloss to it is Poorboy's World Natty's Blue Paste Wax. If I was prepping a vehicle for a concours event or car show my goto wax is Pinnacle Souveran. It yields tremendous depth and gloss and really captures a warm glow and a very wet look, however the downsides are its price and durability. On average natural carnauba waxes last between 2 - 8 weeks. Souveran is definitely on the lower side of that range, where Natty's Blue is between 4 - 8 weeks on average.

There certainly are other possible products to choose from, however based on your Zaino experience and seeing how you liked the Blackfire SRC, I think you'd have good luck with that particular product combination.

Keep us posted, and don't forget to answer those questions above, maybe we can nail down a way to remove the marring from your paint.

George

Last edited by Detailed Image; 04-16-2007 at 11:13 AM..
Appreciate 0