View Single Post
      09-16-2011, 10:51 AM   #12
Skydive
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 E90 335i

Hmmm... I have read repeatedly that the maximum adjustment range for autotuning is a 2.0 PSI reduction, but I don't know if the same applies to boost increases. (It would seem to me that this is what the Max Boost parameter is for, but I'm only just starting to learn about all of the user parameters.)

Anyway, if you live in an area where gasoline quality is unpredictable or cost prohibitive, I can highly recommend the PWM methanol kit since you are already a Procede user. It is VERY effective. I live in Los Angeles which is home to some of the worst gas in the country, and some of the hottest temperatures, too. I fitted the PWM kit a few weeks ago and above all, it made my car consistent. With max boost at 16.5 and IC at 0, I have no timing drops, knock, misses, or muted throttle response, regardless of throttle position. I hit max boost with the hammer down, just like clockwork. (I'm using Boost Juice 50/50 at the moment. I'm going to pick up a five gallon pail of VP M1 shortly since that's available locally, and I've only been consuming about a gallon of 50/50 every three weeks or so.)

To me, in turbocharged applications, a good methanol system and a tune that integrates it properly is just good sense in the US, where our EPA precludes consistent fuel.

-Michael