10-03-2013, 07:35 AM   #8
David70
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 Z4M Coupe - 13 Cadillac ATS

Quote:
Originally Posted by URBAN LEGEND View Post
So let me ask you this: I bought parking tickets from COTA. Do I park at track and no shuttle? Or is the shuttle for everyone?
At least how it was last year, if you bought the COTA parking tickets that come with onsight parking then it should tell you what lot you bought the tickets for. I went last year with wife and another couple, we spent the $200 for parking tickets since we stayed in San Antonio and didn't want to drive into Austin just to get on a shuttle and go back to the track. Split 2 ways and for two day and selling Friday's ticket for $40 on Stubhub made it a little better.

We were impressed with how quick we could get in both Saturday and Sunday. Getting out after the race was a much longer process. We expected it, purposely left the race at a leisurely pace and then hung out by the car and had a drink and some food.

Seemed like parking at one of the private lots would have been a lot cheaper and just a little longer of a walk.

With all of the money and time we put into seeing the race I don't see trying to be at the exit gate when the race ends just to get away quicker. Would rather be there at the end, listen to the interviews and leave a little later.