View Single Post
      06-16-2012, 10:15 AM   #49
Masterplan
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F87 M2 & G05 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mowflow View Post
What about the hassle to your parents? My eldest isn't even in school yet and I'm already dreaming of the day they move out

Not saying this is your case and i know it's not the case with Mega but I have seen the younger siblings of friends kick the arse out of living with mummy and daddy. They spend on flash cars, holidays, silly clothes and hair products but give their parents little or nothing towards their own upkeep. They are also famous for saying "I'm saving for a flat", pretty clear they aren't saving as much as they could given the way they piss money on cars, clothes and other useless crap.

I dare say many adults do wish they had your lifestyle but i can sure as hell tell you none of them wish they still lived with mum and dad.
Very true, I know many a few years older in that very position. In my case, I'm 22, left school at 18 and got an apprenticeship in IT. Four years of that meant starting on crappy wages, and working my way to what I earn now once I completed my apprenticeship. I planned on one year of pissing about, and enjoying what I worked hard to earn, before aiming to have a house by Q1 of 2013.

Saving for your first property ain't easy either! Minimum of 10% deposit, plus everything else along with it means saving quite a wedge of cash. I want to enjoy the experience opposed to scrimping by once I've bought a place.

That's just my opinion on it though, I'm sure everyone else has other views.
Appreciate 0