04-13-2012, 03:44 PM   #90
pavo335
Banned
Rep
Drives: 3.5 wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freefreefive
Went to the track today.

Pete sent through the maps as promised and I loaded them up in anticipation.

Jumped on and within 2 laps of the track I went into limp mode

Hmmmm I thought it might be the more aggressive stage 2 so I flicked over to stage 1.... Same thing again.

So I went back and loaded my regular street maps - these have never thrown up any codes on the street no matter how hard I've driven

Bang - solenoid something or other and boost deactivation. same faults as before

Geezzzz

So I thought what the heck. I switched the procede off and tried stock. Whaddaya know - same faults again.

Conclusion - the 335i is NOT a track car. Last time I was at Winton I had my E36 M3. Stock car but it took the pounding all day. Brakes and tyres were cooked but the engine pulled and pulled.

This thing was riding on jelly by the 4th corner - I expected more from 19 inches of rubber (that's what she said!)

I'd never taken a non m car to a track before so didn't really appreciate the difference. Now I do. On my drive home I reflected on my choice of a 335 against the e92 m3.

Still happy with my choice and value for money wise I'm happy with the decision. However I have come to respect a lot more the work that goes into making a car that you can drive for 3 hrs, hammer around a track and then drive home another 3 hrs

I did data log so if anyone is curious pm me your email address and I'll send through - I have no idea how to read it but have sent to a few people who can hopefully decipher it for me
I hear you buddy! I had the same thing a couple of weeks back. Do you know what the codes were (a very wise man suggested to me to take a photo) I kept getting misfire codes. I changed the plugs and have some coil packs ready for next time.
Appreciate 0