08-14-2012, 12:30 PM   #20
phil200tdi
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 335i M Sport E90 LCI manual

Quote:
Originally Posted by RagingKileak
You know I actually didn't mind the May map (which is what I am still running) and I have noticed the biggest improvements to linearity and spool came after adding the intercooler and DP's, so if the new JB4 update improves that even more I will be very happy.

Are you saying that Terry has now corrected the 18psi boost limit? I had wondered why I never hit 17psi (I've not changed anything manually) and had always put it down to warm weather and my inconsistent use of V-Power/FuelSave depending on what I would be doing the following week. If so, I guess I have yet more fun to come with the new map. Perhaps this also explains why I didn't find it overly agressive?

It's now sat on my laptop ready to apply later as well. I'm looking forward to it!

Matt
No terry hasn't upped the boost limit in the interface you still have to do this manually.

If you dont do this and hit over 17psi jb4 shuts down. I.e. stock psi until you restart the car.. When you are WOT this feels like something went bang - ask me how I know!