View Single Post
      01-07-2011, 12:34 PM   #288
COBB Tuning
Major
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadlyrhythm View Post
Perhaps I'm partially new to the game, but...
1. Why do the 135i and 335i have different stock HP #s, 240 vs 276HP, in the COBB dynos? That's a SIGNIFICANT difference in my mind. (Maybe it's just my mind)
2. Why are your run 2 & 3 (91 & 93) octane numbers at the EXACT same time? (12:18 and 7:44)
3. Why does the 335i only have a 63HP improvement, unlike the 135i which has 74HP?

Looking forward to picking up my COBB unit!
The gains on each car is very similar, even though the raw numbers are slightly different. Keep in mind that while we try to keep our dynos reading very similarly there are some discrepancies. However, the overall gains stock to tuned are similar! Also, keep in mind that the 135 and 335 are different cars so they will not make identical power numbers.

The time stamp on the dyno run is not based on when the run was done, but when they were uploaded from the dyno computer to the online database.

Also, it has been asked what happens if you lose power mid-flash, will you brick the ECU? We have a recovery mode built into the AccessPORT so that should you lose power, or the cable gets unplugged or something like that mid-flash, you can recover and continue your flash.

We stand behind our products 100%, if you ever have an issue with a COBB Tuning product, we will do whatever it takes to get you back on the road! Feel free to call us any time at 1-866-922-3059 if you have any needs or concerns!

Travis
COBB Tuning

Last edited by COBB Tuning; 01-07-2011 at 12:40 PM..
Appreciate 0