View Single Post
      01-07-2011, 03:34 PM   #295
cwg
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2017 M4 ZCP. AZB on black

Quote:
Originally Posted by COBB Tuning View Post
The gains on each car is very similar, even though the raw numbers are slightly different. Keep in mind that while we try to keep our dynos reading very similarly there are some discrepancies. However, the overall gains stock to tuned are similar! Also, keep in mind that the 135 and 335 are different cars so they will not make identical power numbers.

The time stamp on the dyno run is not based on when the run was done, but when they were uploaded from the dyno computer to the online database.

Also, it has been asked what happens if you lose power mid-flash, will you brick the ECU? We have a recovery mode built into the AccessPORT so that should you lose power, or the cable gets unplugged or something like that mid-flash, you can recover and continue your flash.

We stand behind our products 100%, if you ever have an issue with a COBB Tuning product, we will do whatever it takes to get you back on the road! Feel free to call us any time at 1-866-922-3059 if you have any needs or concerns!

Travis
COBB Tuning
To me the more interesting difference is the shape of the power curves. The 135i curve shows it is gaining power up to 6500 rpm while the 335i peaks at 5500. All the other tune dyno curves I have seen for this motor have the power peak around the 5500 mark. To me this is a significant difference/improvement in the tune as we usually see the power taper off above 5500. Can you comment on this?
Appreciate 0