View Single Post
      03-21-2011, 08:12 PM   #5
3X3=5
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: in a lot of traffic

I had ST V1s on my car for a couple of months. The drop was great obviously since I can put it wherever I want it. The handling was nice and responsive, very easy to control and felt really confident around corners. That's the good. The bad is that they aren't adjustable and although they claim to be designed to provide the optimal combination of handling and ride comfort, at least for where I live in downtown Seattle the ride comfort was lacking. They were pretty harsh and hitting bumps was very jarring. The roads here do suck so if your area has decent streets you're probably fine. But for me there was no getting past the rough ride (it doesn't help that I'm on 19"s). Also, I experienced a minor but enough to be annoying seesawing effect when coming to a stop. The car would just sort of seesaw or rock front to back twice when I came to a complete stop. I posted it about, best guess was the rear subframe bushings are too soft for the stiffer spring rate. I never bothered investigating because swapping out those bushings gets expensive and creates a firmer ride. Overall I'd say these are good coils, though there have been some reports of the shocks failing early.

In the end I switched to Koni FSDs and Eibachs and I'm happy with good handling (not great) but a ride I can live with on a daily basis.
Appreciate 0