05-06-2012, 12:09 AM   #1
skinrock
Agent Smith
Rep
Drives: 2016 i8

Garage List
2016 BMW i8  [10.00]
Thumbs up Jay @ JGMODS A+++

I recently installed M3 mirrors from Tischer on my 335i. Instead of paint matching the covers, though, I wanted to get carbon fiber replacements as part of my CF overhaul.

Cue JGMODS. Jay knows I'm all about OEM fitment, and while BMW does over their own covers, they are a bit expensive and only come in 2x2 weave as far as I know*. I went ahead and ordered the 1x1 style complete replacements from Jay, along with an M3 rep hood. They showed up a couple days later, and I was able to install them this afternoon. I was extremely pleased to find no blemishes, and fitment was spot on.

I will be doing a full photo shoot once the hood is painted and the splitters are installed, but I've attached a quick picture of the mirrors for now.

Jay continues to prove time after time that he's phenomenal to work with. Can't wait to get the hood and splitters on, and finish my build with a CSL trunk and CF performance diffuser.

*The bad thing about the mirror caps being in 2x2 is that both sides seem to flow in the same direction. If it was like the splitters, where both point towards the inside of the car, I would have considered it. But based on the pictures I've seen, it appears that the driver's side points to the car while the passenger points to the outside.
Attached Images