12-13-2006, 11:15 AM   #114
Carnage
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: people insane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Deep
Hey i'm gonna bring this thread back because I need help. Parents agreed to get me a watch. I'm 18 turning 19 end of december.

I was looking at Fossil, but then I realized I can get some cheaper Seikos (auto, chrono, and kinetics) and Citizens Eco-Drive's for that price or a little more. I'm new to watches. I just started my indepth reading. Then I am reading about Tissots and Invicta's on various forums and how they are good and have a sapphire crystal so they don't scratch easily.

So I need help. Which maker do I choose? Budget around $150 give or take. Help me out guys please. Thanks.
I've got a Pulsar, a Seiko and an Eco-Drive and they're all good watches. They are comfortable to wear and although they don't cost alot (in comparison to "luxury" watches) they don't look cheap.

The Eco-drive is a Calibre 8700. It's got a Perpetual Calendar so you don't have to adjust the date when going from 30 to 31 day month and vice versa. You can find them for around $300-325 or less. I got mine at Christmas last year for under $300.

Way out of that price range but you should try to get it just to see the reaction of your parents is the new watch I just got this weekend. It's the new stainless and 18K gold Tag Heuer that Tiger Woods in wearing in his new ads for Tag. The bezel is solid 18K and the band feels like silk.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0