View Single Post
      05-03-2010, 11:49 AM   #400
wrapster
Registered
Rep
Drives: White

Quote:
Originally Posted by k-series View Post
Don't slam us for asking, you came on here to slam the OP for using sub-par material because you know better. When we start asking what's best, you slam us for not paying you to do it. Why not just say that from the beginning then we'll know not to ask you anything....

Since the largest part of this kind of work is labor, it's of course the easiest way to save money since DIY is all about removing the cost of labor. Now, if you don't have anything constructive to offer, just relax and watch as we re-invent the wheel. I'll say this however, once I figure out how to do it with some success, I'll gladly share my findings for FREE. :P

Steve
Dude. You OBVIOUSLY are not a business owner. Ahyesiam (aka Pops) was not slamming you for doing it. He and I both linked to this thread from a site we are members of. Pops knows his stuff! He would be more than happy (like Xtreme Sign Guy said) to let you mess up a bunch of vinyl and have you come back so he can put it on right. When you pay a pro to do it you aren't just getting a jacked price just because he feels like it. You are getting years of invested time, knowledge and training to give the customer the quality product they deserve. He also has to cover any overhead (if he owns a shop) and cover and insurance (if he is pro installer) and employee wages which includes insurance for them, any wage matching, benefits, etc that may come with retaining employees. Steve, back it down a notch buddy!

I will give props to the OP on a really really good first time installer. I think he wasted his time installing an inferior vinyl that quite honestly Pops is right when he says it has great potential to ruin the paint job. And again everyone is just jumping on the bandwagon blindly thinking he knows what he is talking about. I would question the quality of the work of his friend who supplied him the vinyl to wrap the car. Who in their right mind who makes decals who suggest that vinyl???? Not someone experienced with that. Seriously, trust Pops with what he is saying. He has WAY more experience than me and I learn from him all the time! He is very respected in our trade and is the real deal!

Last edited by wrapster; 05-03-2010 at 02:43 PM..
Appreciate 0