View Single Post
      01-05-2013, 01:15 AM   #6
TheSoCal335i
Private
Rep
Drives: 07 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indo Rider View Post
You say the bov is not working, but what exactly is the symptom? I have the er pipe with same bov. The internal preload spring has broken several times resulting in poor response and/or surging. Synapse will tell you that you can run it without a pre load spring, but in my experience that's no good and almost dangerous because the boost rises so fast when the bov finally closes. Synapse sent me a replacement spring fur free the first time it broke, then they wanted $15 the next time for 1 spring! I bought a 5-pack of better springs from mcmaster for like $7.
I totally get what your saying about all the boost that builds up so fast thats why im trying to fix this before it blows my turbos or my wastegate cause thats where all the excess boost is going out instead but when boosting i can hear it spooling then when at about 4k boosting i let off the gas no surge noise when usually there was supposed to be. Then when i boost hard to 6k the bov works alittle bit but nothing like it used to is that what happened to you? and ill check into that spring part
Appreciate 0