View Single Post
      10-03-2015, 02:43 PM   #13
Gdean
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2011 335D Msport

My own carbon build up story

I have a 2011 335 D with 74,0000 miles and a factor extended warranty untill 100 K miles.

My car is currently at the dealer with severe carbon buildup issues. This is after a prior walnut cleaning under warranty 15 K miles ago. The car has gone through injectors and multiple other repairs to date with what have been in excess of 20 K in charges had I not had a warranty. The dealer told me this time that BMW was not going to correct the issue and that I would be charged $3000. My car has never been chipped or modified in any fashion. I complained and made it clear that under US Federal emissions warranty regulations that all cars are covered by the manufacturer for 8 years and 80,000 miles to be emissions compliant. They changed their tune in a hurry and are now cleaning my engine under warranty.

It is absurd that this company is not standing behind this as a design flaw. Has anybody started a petition for a class action law suit on this? If not perhaps we need to. There are law firms actively pursuing the VW claims. The current carbon build up fiasco has damaged the value of are cars and the intentional willful refusal to acknowledge this problem is corporate greed and arrogance at its worst.
Appreciate 0