07-26-2011, 01:40 PM   #11
e90pilot
Freight Dawg
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 325i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Nate View Post
The oil cooler would be a benefit to anyone who sees adverse conditions such as heavy traffic, high atmospheric temperatures, and extended driving at highway speeds. It will prolong the oil life. It never hurts to have cooler oil.

As far as the hidden menus, I wish there was a way to have them display on the radio (non iDrive).

-Nate
While it wouldn't hurt, I don't think there is a benefit to an oil cooler off the track for the N52. This engine has no cooling issues at all. Even on the track it's fine in weather below 70F. My friend had a coupe and he's sat in traffic on really hot days and the oil temp hardly goes above 200. The highest he's seen is 230 I think and that was climbing a hill on a very hot day. It's kind of a tank considering it's made out of magnesium.

Ok, so BMW does not have an official kit for the N54 oil cooler kit. I'm trying to get the part numbers for everything needed. If anyone has any insight to this, that would be really helpful.
'06 Arctic Metallic 325i | Sport Package | 6MT | Dinan Stage III suspension | Dinan exhaust | 330i manifold swap! Click here! | Active Autowerke tune | 135i Brake Calipers | Deiselboost caliper brackets | E46 M3 front rotors

Last edited by e90pilot; 07-26-2011 at 02:38 PM..
Appreciate 0