View Single Post
      09-21-2015, 02:31 PM   #81
gabaro
Rep
Drives: 2006 e90 325i

Hi guys!
I'm interested in the Stage 3 upgrade... I contacted via mail ActiveAutowerke with below message:

"I bought the car from another person I dunno if they had upgraded parts / software (doubt it). Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe I have stage 3 intake as it has 2 pipes below and not just 1 as I've seen online.
I tried looking for the part number but wasn't able to find it (I'm attaching a picture of the intake for your reference and the only tag I found on the part)"

After more research I found out that my car has the N52B25 engine (2.5 litre European version) not the N52B30 (3.0 litre US version)

And they replied: " the 3 stage manifold may not work good on the 2.5L engine, it may lose low end and mid range power...best to probably use the original intake manifold and maximize the tune.. That is my advise on this.
Since we dont have this 2.5L engine here we never been able to test the bigger intake manifold.......if you already have the bigger manifold installed and can switch back and forth I could send you 2 files to try
"

I'm attaching my manifold pic... perhaps someone here can clear this up for me (if I have stage 1 or 3? and if its possible to install the stage 3 in the 2.5 engine)
Name:  pic 1.jpg
Views: 6541
Size:  391.9 KB

Name:  pic 2.jpg
Views: 4926
Size:  262.1 KB
Appreciate 0