Rep
Drives: Single Turbo N54 on Meth!

Garage List
2007 BMW E92  [10.00]
2007 BMW E90  [0.00]
2006 BMW E91  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by zero2sixtyZ View Post
Btw 6MT guys, I removed the clutch pedal spring per: http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=195777

Night and day. Car should've come this way.
Hmmm this clutch spring is designed to help you push the clutch pedal in and keep it to the floor right? Is it harder to push the clutch down with now without the spring? My clutch is alot heavier than stock so I'm not sure I would want to make it any harder to push in...Or does it help pull the pedal back to the full up position to reduce eliminate TOB wear?

The stock clutch is stupidly light.

Can you explain how it feels different in any more detail? I read the thread I'm still not sure if I should try it...It looks easy to remove but a bitch to put back.

"The clutch pedal effort did increase slightly, but not much (maybe by 10%)"

"What if I refitted the spring upside down, with the wider spaced coils at the top? Would it make a difference?? So I did (f@cking pain in the ass getting it back on but hey I was bored anyway). Took it for a test drive and to my surprise it feels way better back in there. Linear, but much less force required than with the spring removed. Perfect shifts just less effort." <--if this is true maybe I will just reverse it to lighten my clutch pedal. It's not too heavy but I wouldn't mind it to be lighter.

"it actually makes it lighter going down and heavier going up" "If you think you might want a firmer clutch pedal, try this."

edit: Have you done the clutch stop yet?

Last edited by Torgus; 02-24-2014 at 09:23 AM..
Appreciate 0