View Single Post
      03-24-2007, 04:54 PM   #40
mgarvey
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Renault Megane

I've bought two BMW's from Wood in Odiham and had a fairly decent experience - though with the same salesman both times. They were willing to do a deal, albeit with a fair bit of pushing from me and lots of research. I suspect they could've moved more on the price than they did, but that's the game I suppose.

In particular, with my first car, I had to change my order fairly late in the process, as my wife had written off her car and by the time I'd got her a new one I'd spent some of my budget. I changed my order from an E46 Vert to an E46 Coupe and didn't get any quibbles, nor lose my deposit.

The dealer also arranged with my wife to get a personal plate put on the car, as her wedding gift to me. He even went as far to to go through the rigmarole of offering me a standard plate so I could insure it (with my wife dealing secretly with the insurance company too so they sent me a bogus cover note for the reg I thought I was getting).

My only niggle really, which I've also had with other BMW dealers, is the slightly arrogant stance - particularly with test drives. When asked for a test drive with the engine and gearbox I was planning to buy, they just couldn't or wouldn't do it, taking the line of 'place a deposit and we'll get one in for you to test later'. Wrong way around guys!
Appreciate 0