12-22-2013, 10:14 PM   #422
fazman
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335 e90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunerhead View Post
Yes it does depend on what State you are in. Jeff quoted me a good price and tried to get me an extended warranty through his services but was unsuccessful and BMWNA advised him to send me back to my local dealership to obtain an extended warranty. After 3 weeks of trying he ended up refunding my money back. Not everyone can get the "good deal" Jeff is able to offer.
I'm curious... was there a specific reason he had informed you about why your car was specifically rejected? I know I was worried and contacting my local SA's at Edison and JMK to make sure the CPO extension went thru into the BMW system (It took about a week and it was near a holiday weekend to boot, so it's understandable). It also makes sense to me that it would take a while if there are complications. Actually Jeff was straight up with me on the phone as well when i first spoke with him, he told me that he would contact me if there were any issues with doing the transaction... but ultimately BMW has to approve it (Not Jeff, Jeff just puts in the paper work).

All I know is that I'm a real person and I own my CPO 335, my extension went thru with no issues so far. I just hope you don't come back and tell us the reason is something silly like, "Well my car is stolen and BMW NA refused to extend the warranty cuz it was written off by the insurance companies as a total loss..." or "The car belongs to a buddy of my g/f and I'm borrowing it and since I'm not the legal owner of the car BMW NA refused to extend it..." or or better yet, "dude, I smuggled the car in from the eastern block countries and it's a grey market vehicle and BMW NA said the car doesn't belong to this market..."

Let us know the reason so we know what can and can't be extended?

But in all honesty, try a different person if Jeff wasn't able to get it done for you. Based on my interaction with Jeff... I would be highly surprised if he didn't provide you another solution if he couldn't do it himself. This guy took a long time to talk me thru how warranties work and it just doesn't fit the profile of the guy I spoke with/worked with to leave you high and dry. I'm sorry if it didn't work out for you... but your experience is a far far different outcome then mine was. But who knows... maybe its a blessing in disguise for you??? Maybe u won't have any issues with your car and this was karma stepping in to save you some money?

Last edited by fazman; 12-22-2013 at 10:23 PM..
Appreciate 0