View Single Post
      11-11-2011, 11:43 AM   #14
GeorgiaTech335coupe
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Black BMW 335i coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottp999 View Post
Sorry. Try getting Robert@vishnu on the phone and see if he has any ideas.

I got so frustrated with the old serial to USB with Win 7, I went and bought a $200 XP netbook about a year ago for all my car apps. Just wondering is your Win7 32 bit, or 64 bit?

The install directory destination should be: C:\Program Files\Silabs\MCU\CP210x

If I open either of the .inf files in that directory it has the version as DriverVer=02/22/2007,4.40.1.0

Do you see the same? I'm XP and it lands a bunch of files named slab****.sys in C:\Window\System32\Drivers.
Yes, I see the Silabs folder in Program files. It looks like the preinstaller adds these files, so I guess it is doing what it is suppose to. So problem must be with Windows 7 64 bit Pro not wanting to install the drivers from that folder into my Windows\System32\Drivers folder.

Do you which files exactly were put into that folder for you? Easiest way to check would be to sort by date, and find one of the file names that you know and see all files from that date.
Legal Disclaimer: Anything I or anyone else says about my vehicle on this website(e90post.com or any affiliated or nonaffiliated sites), pertaining to modifications, is only to gain acceptance from my/our peers, and does not actually represent anything actually existing on my car, and thus, cannot be held against me in any issues, i.e. warranty claims, that may arise.
Appreciate 0