View Single Post
      10-21-2009, 06:00 PM   #1
pcmike
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X3 M40i

Body shop in South Florida for cash paying customer?

In the little under two weeks I've been driving my 335i.. I've encountered two COMPLETE IDIOTS WHO CAUSED MAJOR SCRATCHES TO MY CAR.

#1:Two aluminum ladders fell off a truck on the turnpike and I had to swerve into the grassy median to avoid them... the grass hadn't been cut in awhile and caused major scratches on my driver's side, side skirt. You can't see them unless you bend over.

#2: Today while at work someone in a white car completely SCRAPED the driver's side of my car, including the driver's door, passenger door, panel behind the passenger door, and left a scuff on the rim!!

The driver's side of my car looks like complete crap. I got an estimate from the body shop Braman sends their cars..... $2200 cash. If I run it through Allstate its $1600 (plus I have to pay a $400 deductible, so Allstate only ends up paying $1200!!).

If I could find a shop that could just buff down the scratches and repaint/clearcoat the affected areas and make them look new.. I'd be happy. I just don't see how some scratches should cost nearly $2200 to fix!!

The damage:

Appreciate 0