SoYank
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 335i MT

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by spots
I suspect that you will not get any replies. 600 for the dealer in profit is slim, especially on a new model. Increase that to 1000 or 1500 and you might get a hit. Remember once you fax it at 600 you really can't go back and offer more money. The dealership would probably just wait for your 3rd fax with even more profit.
I've never worked in a car dealership but it seems to me that the original poster has done all of the work. There is no salesperson required. The only thing the dealership need do is enter the requirements into the order computer, take delivery, and tax and license the vehicle. The delivery and handling (dealer prep) is included ($695), the buyer has already stated he would pay actual tax and license fees. How long will it take the sales department to do minimal work? If the dealership does it right they could wiggle a bunch of coveted 5's which I understand translates to profit in the form of bonus. Plus, wouldn't the "sale" help in increasing their allotment numbers?

Maybe I've just slipped my clutch.
Quaife ATB LSD • Short Shift Knob • Hartge Anti-Roll Bars • AP Racing Front Brakes • 19" Style 269
Appreciate 0