View Single Post
      03-24-2013, 12:48 PM   #203
Inspired
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ny325 View Post
Lebron drives to the basket and everyone moves out the way indicates that today's NBA is soft. I wish Lambier, Mahorn, Rodmen, Ewing, Oakley, Barkley, Malone, Sampson, Chambers, Nance, Mourning, Parrish, Bannister, McDaniel. B.Jones, Rambis, Shaq in his prime, Robinson, Akeem, Cartwright, Eaton, Worthy, Drexler, Pippen, Mchale, Aquire, Kareem, Bird were playing. I guarantee these guys won't clear the middle for LJ, or any current player, so they can get an uncontested shot/dunk. There will be some serious, hard contact that would just be called a foul. That was good old DEFENSE. Not these technical, flagrant 1or 2 BS calls that you see now. Even with the size and strength of LJ, he would seriously reconsider going to the basket. You were allowed to hand check a player, making it difficult for a player to drive to the basket. If you got by your defender, you knew what was waiting for you under the basket, it was no charging call. A guaranteed hard foul.

What the hell are you talking about? Who the hell moves out of the way when Lebron drives to the basket? There is absolutely no one that walks away and not contest Lebron's shot. Unless it is a small guard or a fast break. That is a completely different scenario. If everyone walks away from Lebron when he drives to the basket then he wouldn't be shooting 500 free throws a year. Most defenders know Lebron is unstoppable once he gets deep into the paint so many defender fouls him to make him get his points from the free throw line.

The NBA implemented these technical, flagrant foul 1 & 2 is not because the NBA is soft. It is used to protect the players. Do you know how many players got injured when they got pushed in midair dunking the ball back in the day or when they got fouled extremely hard and excessive? In this time and age, there is no reason to have hard and excessive foul.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDSmain View Post
I didn't even get to read your mini story. But all I gotta say is, Legends Opinions over yours. nice try kid. Just read the first pic OP posted, i could care less about your opinion, you for sure haven't watched MJ and Kobe play in their prime.
OK DKHAN... someone who just made a new account few days ago immediately joins this thread? While at the same time the original OP gets banned the same time as when you joined...
Appreciate 0