01-24-2013, 08:01 AM   #10
335BBS
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 335 coupe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zebra99 View Post
Maintenance wise I wouldn't worry. These cars are pretty solid and you have e tended warranty on turbos and fuel pump anyways.
Wow...you must have gotten lucky. I bailed out as soona s I got a chance.
I bought mine without the extended warranty and am glad I did. $3k isn't worth it to me - used that on mods and regular maintenance and runs like a beast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by overkill1125 View Post
So I decided to pass on that one.

I now have found a 2009 335xi in manual with M package space grey with 45K KM for $27K+taxes. Don't have more info since I don't have the carfax report yet.
New car warranty ends July 2013 and extended warranty will cost $3450 for 3yrs/60K or $4485 for 4yrs/80K on top of asking price.

How does this sound? Should I seek extended warranty from third party insurance companies?

I believe extended warranty is not the same as CPO warranty.

Please let me know.
Thanks!
You NEED warranty. BMW did injectors&plugs, hvac fan, steering hose(twice) rack and pump and radio all under warranty within 500 kms of expiration. What do you think that would have cost me? These are all common problems that almost all 08-10 335s have. Did hpfp too. Its warranteed but have fun when youre stranded. Suspension just started creaking badly too. I would NEVER touch one of these things without warranty. Many others here will agree.
Appreciate 0