11-26-2012, 11:08 AM   #47
hellomyBMW
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW X6 50i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by benzy89 View Post
You can Google & read for yourself, but the piggys & flash function in 2 completely different ways (specific example: target boost differently). There won't be any power differences with an 335is, 1M or "normal" 135/335, so you can search the forum for any dyno comparisons of the COBB & JB4.

My greatest recommendation would be for you to see if there are any people near you that have the tunes installed on their car (JB4/COBB, similar mods to what you might do) and ask if you could go for a ride. Power isn't everything & I can promise you if the drivability is poor that you'll want to shoot yourself anytime you're not going WOT.

I will stand behind the COBB & point out that there is a reason why Terry (BMS) offers specific COBB Maps that work with the JB4 when people start running FBO/E85/Upgraded Turbos on their N54s. While the piggys can manage meth & hijack the gauges, they cannot alter fueling tables or engine timing (which IMO is much more important).

To each's own though, I should be posting some dynos & my PTF review by the end of the week after I hit the dyno tomorrow, so keep your eyes open
Thank you! +1 and like button!

I will keep my eyes open for this review! Keep us posted! ^^
Appreciate 0