01-10-2013, 12:51 AM   #5
cvc 22349a
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by psnt1ol View Post
the last time I spoke to you was over a year ago. Sorry to hear about your car.

Several years ago, I had to respray my hood on my Lexus due to an unfortunate event very similar to yours. The shop that did the job bake the paint in so the curing process was shorter. Generally, they say "no wax and no polish" for 30 days. A good shop will factor in the atmospheric pressure as well as temperature. they will make proper adjustments in their approach at different time of the year. I don't see any difference in getting it done now versus 6 months from now. Besides, it is probably driving you crazy right now having to look at the "Jack-up" front end everyday..... knowing how much you like and enjoy your car. The key is to to find a good paint shop. Good luck with this.

BTW.... do you have any more parts to sell. LOL
Hey P
You know a good paint shop in the East Bay? BMW Concord's body shop said they do bake the paint after spraying, but I think I'll wait until it gets warmer so the car can sit in the sun a bit before I have the clear bra reinstalled.
You can p/u my oe front sway bar for free if you want; it's stiffer than what's on your car; might reduce front roll a bit and won't affect ride quality.