View Single Post
      05-25-2011, 03:26 AM   #20
JohnMan
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90 325i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harriz.c View Post
Lol not scared about that ^^ just I drive a bit fast plus my exhaust is a bit loud hate to bring my car to inspection... Nowadays the police are catching European cars alot for illegal modding... Bloody hell they have one inspector to check your car right there at the road block....
Haha, then don't drive that fast around the known police speed trap spots. Also avoid street racing with other cars, particularly with the those second-rate damn Japanese modded cars. Even if they try to provoke you, it's not worth it, as a certain Aston Martin driver found out earlier(after getting caught by the police racing some cheap Jap. modded cars). In North America, we call them "ricers", in the uk they are "boy racers". Bimmer drivers then to steer clear of them so as not to be sullied by them. The temptation is strong to teach them a lesson, but at the end of the day, your car is worth alot more then their cars, and your life and reputation is worth far more then some road punk in a ugly modded corolla. And statistically, they will end up in a serious crash sooner or later by the way they drive, hehehe.

Personally, I enjoy driving fast too, but usually alone and far away from traffic, if possible. Otherwise, in everyday driving I drive in a fairly reasonable fashion and keep ( or at least try to keep) my aggressive instincts in check, since the darn police are everywhere these days. Of course if an empty (or a straight highway road with few traffic), then I will take advantage of the opportunity, hahaha.

(The only Japanese sport cars I really respect is the miata and the fairlady, both are great cars.)

That being said, some police can be total a**holes too and catching people simply to meet their quota, which is why a speed detector comes in handy...

Last edited by JohnMan; 05-25-2011 at 03:39 AM..
Appreciate 0