View Single Post
      07-05-2007, 07:15 AM   #1
krapnoj
IG: krapm3
United_States
Rep
Drives: '12 Prius

Question New York speeding ticket question

I was pulled over in upstate new york :mad: (im from PA) FOR GOING 63 in 45 mph zone..... the trooper was driving opposite direction but his radar must have picked up my speed while he was moving.. In PA, cops can only radar you down if they are stationary, so this is all NEW to me..
I can't deny I was speeding but I was really moving with the flow of traffic. so anyways, he gives me a ticket and tells me "just plead not guilty and mail it in, you don't have to show up in court. just watch your speed". and then he just books on out without giving me a chance to talk to him.

did he give me a break or will I end up receiving a fine and/or letter to show up in court in the mail later? he sounded understanding since I wasn't driving obnoxiouly and didn't deny my speed.

the ticket states I was in violation of "NYS V AND T LAW". The ticket has no space to explain y situation so I am confused as to why the officer told me to plead not guilt with no explanation.

if I do end up guilty, are any associated points from this ny ticket transferrable to my state in PA? I mean even if I pay the fine... do the points transfer?

IG: krapm3
2010 E90 SSII M3 -ZPP/ZTT/6MT-Found: 5/2012
Turner Testpipes/Stage 2 - Corsa Exhaust - Bilstein B16 - BBS LM - BBK - AutoSolutions SSK
Appreciate 0