12-27-2013, 12:21 PM   #7
diamondbacvenomx
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralesa335 View Post
I was an advisor for the BMW recently and my take on this situation is that they don't technically need a light on they just need the fault code logged on the ecu. The ecu stores all faults that are thrown at any time whether they show a light on or not. So if you cleared the codes there is no way for them to recover deleted faults.
Weird if they can hear the misfire that they didn't fix it. Typically their work off the idea of "duplicating the issue" for mechanical evidence. Once the mechanic finds an issue but it is not throwing a code, they can take it further to the shop foreman to get his approval to replace the part.
My experience with BMW is that persistence is the key. If you make a loud enough scene or threaten to talks to boss' boss. They'll typically do whatever you want just to shit you up.
In my days alone, I've seen a guy get a free full detail for no charge everytime and a guy who neglected to change his oil for 35k miles and got a whole new car out of it covered .....Unbelievable....

Anyway. Hope this helps. Stay on their ass and they'll buckle first. They store depends on low numbers of complaints.
Perfect. Thank you.
Appreciate 0