01-26-2013, 11:08 AM   #418
JSH3
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 328i E92 and 2011 X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goosetowner View Post
I have a 2013 328i which I special ordered and took delivery in October. The build date is on/about Sep 7, 2012. I received an urgent/recall notice from my dealership for a NAV Software Update B652212 which I had completed last week. No one at the dealership service department can tell me what the update consisted of, whether it was just a POI or a full software upgrade and I have noticed no difference in performance. They told me that I should receive a letter from BMW explaining the recall. I found this whole conversation rather strange that a service manager did not know what a B652212 consisted of. Does anyone have any help? Thanks.

As a postscript I have found this very expensive Navigation option to be very disappointing. With the exception of the display in the HUD my $150 Garman did a much superior job both visually and in navigation, and additionally displayed posted speed limits.
I use my Garmin despite having the BMW Nav. It also shows the accurate speed, since BMW speedometers show 5% fast. And, the trip computer is more accurate and feature-laden on the Garmin. And map updates are free! Ain't it funny how that $150 device outperforms the $2100 iDrive/Nav option.

But let's all agree, we didn't buy our BMWs for the Nav system. Did we?

:-)
Appreciate 0