05-29-2008, 04:42 AM   #2
DervFan
Captain
England
Rep
Drives: BMW (E91) 325d M Sport Touring

Garage List
I know this thread isn't specifically about the "England" football team - but

Maybe if the England squad had put their heart and soul into qualifying for EUR0 2008, we may have been able to "rally round" them

Instead they behave like an overpaid, over-privileged, bunch of pre-madonna's who can't even muster the enthusiasm to go the extra mile, when they're picked to play for the national squad

Sadly there isn't an emoticon to show my contempt
--
Back on the patriotic rant, our national identify (the Union flag) has been stolen by right-wing facists, the BNP, football hooligans and everyone else on a biggotted/racist agenda.

The liberals have constantly battered-down any chances of patriatism down for fear of upsetting the ethnic minorities, so inherently our culture has adapted to being silent - unless your scottish or welsh, where it is "cool" to celebrate your ancestry .

Whilst the "English" or "British" (everyone I know who's English calls them selves "British", whereas my Scottish and Welsh friends say they're "Scottish" or "Welsh", respectively) can't even celebrate past achievements without fear of upsetting some dissident group

I can't ever forsee a resurgence of patriotism in this country, whilst the current 'appeasing' government are in favour of devaluing the union, with the disparity of social provisioning between England, Scotland and Wales, the constant appeasment of minority races and pandering to the media liberals.

Right - I'm off to burn my union flag and hoist my Esswah one instead